|(1)||Intermediate or Equivalent||17-22 Years||Relaxable for three months both in upper and lower age limit|
|(2)||Graduates (2 years graduation) and Serving PN / PAF Personnel||17-23 Years||-|
|(3)||Graduates with 4 years graduation programme (BS / BA (Hon) / BBA / BPA)||17-24 Years||-|
|(4)||Serving Army Soldiers||17-25 Years||-|
- Unmarried (Married serving personnel of the Armed Forces over 20 years of age are eligible).
- Citizens of Pakistan and domicile holders of Azad Kashmir / Gilgit Biltistan. Upon final selection, candidates with dual nationality will have to surrender nationalities other than Pakistani.
- Minimum Height
5' - 4" (162.5 cm)
As per the Body Mass Index
Marks - FA / FSc:
- Minimum 60 % marks in FA/FSc and equivalent.
- Candidates who secure 60% mks or above in BA / BSc, BA / BSc (Hons) and BBA / BPA, with 50% mks in FA / FSc are eligible for PMA Long Course.
Relaxation of Marks - FA / FSc:
- 55 % marks for the candidates from specified areas with domicile. Areas including Balochistan, FATA, Gilgit-Baltistan, District Neelum Azad Jammu Kashmir, District Kohistan, Chitral, Dir, Tehsil Bala Kot (Kaghan, Naran) of District Mansehra in KPK, Tharparker and Tehsil Umer Kot in Sind, District Rajanpur, Area of Cholistan Desert, Drawar Fort, Salamsar, Mojgarh and Dingarh of Punjab, who have been actually studying in same areas.
Serving Army Soldiers:
- 50 % marks in FA/FSc and equivalent.
Hope Certificate (for 1 st Half only):
- Candidates who have passed Part-I of Intermediate Examination with minimum 60% marks and appeared / are appearing in Part-II/Final Examination can also apply on "Hope Certificate" by the Head of the institutions.
Verification of Marks Sheet / Certificate:
- Candidates not issued with certificates or in possession of duplicate/revised mark sheets/certificates of Matric / Intermediate / BA / BSc MUST get a Verification Certificate signed by Secretary/Controller Examination of concerned Board/University.
'A' level candidates applying in Pakistan with aggregate 60% marks are eligible without seeking equivalence certificate as calculated by IBCC. However, all candidates who have passed 'A' level and equivalent examination from abroad are required to submit equivalence certificate issued by IBCC.
- A candidate is ineligible if he is twice rejected by ISSB/GHQ/NHQ/AHQ Selection Board or once rejected by ISSB and once rejected by GHQ/NHQ/AHQ Selection Board.
- Permanently declared UNFIT by Appeal Medical Board.
- Declared medically unfit due to Hepatitis B & C (Appeal Medical Board cannot be requested).
- Declared unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital except those cleared by Appeal Medical Board.
- Dismissed / removed / debarred from Govt Services including Armed Forces.
- Withdrawn from any Academy / Training Institution of Armed Forces on any ground.
- Withdrawn from any bonded Armed Forces college / institution on disciplinary grounds.
- Convicted by a Court of Law for an offence involving moral turpitude.
Written/ Intelligence Tests:
- Written/Intelligence tests will be based on multiple choice questions from English, Maths, Pak Studies, Islamiat and General Knowledge. The candidates declared successful in written / intelligence tests will undergo physical / medical tests and interviews at AS&RCs.
The candidates must qualify the following physical standards at the time of preliminary selection:-
|(1)||1.6 Km Run||- 8 minutes 30 seconds|
|(2)||PushcUps||- 15 repetitions in 2 minutes|
|(3)||Sit Ups||- 15 repetitions in 2 minutes|
|(4)||Chin Ups||- 3 repetitions in 2 minutes|
|(5)||Ditch Crossing||- 7'.4" x 7'.4" with a depth of 4'|
Candidates who are selected by AS&RCs will be called for ISSB Test. Medical examination of ISSB recommended candidates will be carried out at nearby CMHs. The final selection will be made at GHQ on the basis of candidates' performance
Training Period at PMA
Documents Required At AS&RCs
- Original certificate / detailed Marks Sheet of Matric/FA/FSc / Equivalent.
- One set of attested photocopies of above mentioned documents.
- Photo copy of Computerized National Identity Card for 18 years and above or Computerized Form "B" alongwith Guardian's Computerized National Identity Card (Father or Mother) for less than 18 years old.
- 3 x Coloured photos duly attested (front and back) by Principal/Class-1 Gazetted Officer.
- Original as well as photocopy of "NOT RECOMMENDED" letter by ISSB are also required for "Repeating Candidates".
- Crossed postal order of Rs. 100.00 in favour of Director General Personnel Administration (DGPA), GHQ Rawalpindi.
NOTE: Old National Identity Card and Form "B" will not be accepted.
PAKISTAN NATIONALS RESIDING ABROAD
Eligible candidates residing abroad are exempted from Preliminary Selection. However, Defence Attaches will ascertain their overall suitability, physical deformity and stammering aspects. The candidates are advised to approach Pakistani Embassies (Military/Defence Attaches) in the country where residing for issuance of Application Forms. They will submit their Application Forms along with connected documents through Pakistani Embassies. A postal order of Rs.100/- and a Bank Draft of Rs.500/- in the name of Director Personnel Administration (Selection), Personnel Administration Directorate, GHQ Rawalpindi will be attached with the Application Form. Postal address in Pakistan should also be indicated in the Application Forms so that call up notice for ISSB Tests/ Interviews and further correspondence to eligible candidates can be made on the given Pakistani address. No traveling allowance will be admissible for traveling to and from Pakistan.